1. Steroids Forum
  2. Steroid Cycle Logs
  3. How can I build tolerance at the gym fast?

How can I build tolerance at the gym fast?

11 months ago #1
aisgood
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 aisgood
aisgood
Contributing Member Posts: 179  Reviews: 0  Threads: 34 

I (30f) recently started going to the gym. The problem is I am obese (100kg with 178cm height), with the majority of my weight on my hips and bum.
I try burning 900 kcal on the treadmill. However, I struggle a lot. I have to stop the treadmill multiple times, as I lose my balance if I run at 6 speed tops with 10 inclines. I also can't complete the 20 min cooldown on the stepper after I have run on the treadmill and done the exercises. How can I build resistance fast? Also, how can I stop losing my balance on the treadmill? Any tips?

• Created

aisgood 11 months ago
  • Last Reply

yourmuscleshop 9 months ago

replies

views

users

11 months ago #2
Ziller33
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 Ziller33
Ziller33
Contributing Member Posts: 331  Reviews: 0  Threads: 85 

As you know Slow and steady = fast.
You cannot speed up how your body adapts to stimuli. Adaptation is the point of exercising. You’re trying to rush the very progress that is going to get you results.
Relax, take your time, and stay consistent for as long as possible.

11 months ago #3
dan88
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 dan88
dan88
Contributing Member Posts: 212  Reviews: 0  Threads: 44 

Hey, friend, if you’re brand new to exercising you are doing w a y too much too soon.
My stats were similar to yours when I started about 3 months ago, and I never worked out before that. So from my own experience I have these tips to give:

• Start slow. You’re probably losing your balance because you’re running too fast. Begin with some brisk walking. I’m serious. I started with walking at 3.5 mph at an incline of about 8. Now I add some running into that. But my pace is about 4.7. It’s enough to get my heart going, but definitely not enough to cause hyperventilation. I can go for 5 minutes now without totally dying. As a rule of thumb: run at a pace that you can keep for a good while. You should be able to have a conversation but you shouldn’t be able to sing a song (or that’s what I’ve been told. And it’s made the treadmill way more bearable for me!)
  • You’re trying to burn too many calories. Burning almost 1,000 calories in a workout is insane and takes a long long time. When trying to lose weight, your deficit should be about 500 calories a day. Anything more and you risk yo-yo dieting because your body isn’t getting what it needs to function. It’s easier to keep the weight off with a smaller deficit. I eat 1,700 because based on my stats (which are similar to yours) my body burns about 2,200 a day just by doing my daily tasks. Simply existing is going to do most of the calorie burning for you. Being in a deficit and having a healthy diet is genuinely 80% of what weight loss is about. So in my opinion don’t look at the number of calories you’re burning. That’s a big way to discourage yourself.
  • It’s ok to not do the stairs. The stair master is intense. I can’t even do 20 minutes. I’d hate myself too much. I cool down with some walking, maybe some stretching. I’m no sports science person or w/e, but I’m not entirely sure the stair stepper is considered a cool down? It can be incredibly strenuous and it definitely gets your heart rate up there. But I’m not expert.

If you’re new to exercising, you are putting yourself at risk of hating the gym because you’re doing too much too soon. Go easier on yourself, and let a healthy diet do most of the heavy lifting until you’re confident enough to REALLY push yourself.

11 months ago #4
House
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 House
House
Contributing Member Posts: 229  Reviews: 0  Threads: 39 

This. I lost 100lbs 3 years ago. I had tried 100 times and failed because I went too hard in terms of diet and exercise every time. 150 min of moderate cardio a week was all I did for 6 months. It didnt get me crazy fast results but it did get me results that exist because I carried on over the long term and (bonus!) I also don't have saggy skin.

Quoted dan88; Post# 3866

Hey, friend, if you’re brand new to exercising you are doing w a y too much too soon.
My stats were similar to yours when I started about 3 months ago, and I never worked out before that. So from my own experience I have these tips to give:

• Start slow. You’re probably losing your balance because you’re running too fast. Begin with some brisk walking. I’m serious. I started with walking at 3.5 mph at an incline of about 8. Now I add some running into that. But my pace is about 4.7. It’s enough to get my heart going, but definitely not enough to cause hyperventilation. I can go for 5 minutes now without totally dying. As a rule of thumb: run at a pace that you can keep for a good while. You should be able to have a conversation but you shouldn’t be able to sing a song (or that’s what I’ve been told. And it’s made the treadmill way more bearable for me!)
  • You’re trying to burn too many calories. Burning almost 1,000 calories in a workout is insane and takes a long long time. When trying to lose weight, your deficit should be about 500 calories a day. Anything more and you risk yo-yo dieting because your body isn’t getting what it needs to function. It’s easier to keep the weight off with a smaller deficit. I eat 1,700 because based on my stats (which are similar to yours) my body burns about 2,200 a day just by doing my daily tasks. Simply existing is going to do most of the calorie burning for you. Being in a deficit and having a healthy diet is genuinely 80% of what weight loss is about. So in my opinion don’t look at the number of calories you’re burning. That’s a big way to discourage yourself.
  • It’s ok to not do the stairs. The stair master is intense. I can’t even do 20 minutes. I’d hate myself too much. I cool down with some walking, maybe some stretching. I’m no sports science person or w/e, but I’m not entirely sure the stair stepper is considered a cool down? It can be incredibly strenuous and it definitely gets your heart rate up there. But I’m not expert.

If you’re new to exercising, you are putting yourself at risk of hating the gym because you’re doing too much too soon. Go easier on yourself, and let a healthy diet do most of the heavy lifting until you’re confident enough to REALLY push yourself.

9 months ago #5
yourmuscleshop
Super Source Lv. 3
Threads:
Reviews:
 yourmuscleshop
yourmuscleshop
Super Source Lv. 3 Posts: 538  Reviews: 1  Threads: 934 

Hey aisgood,

Building tolerance and improving fitness at the gym takes time and consistency. It's great that you've started your fitness journey, and with patience and effort, you can make progress. Here are some tips to help you build tolerance and improve your balance at the gym:

1.Gradually increase intensity: Start with a manageable pace and gradually increase the speed and incline on the treadmill over time. Push yourself, but listen to your body and avoid overexertion. Aim to make small progressions each week.

2.Mix cardio and strength training: Incorporate a combination of cardiovascular exercises like treadmill running with strength training exercises. This will help build overall endurance and improve your body's ability to handle workouts.

3.Prioritize consistency: Consistency is key when building tolerance and improving fitness. Try to establish a regular workout routine and stick to it. Consistently challenging yourself and staying committed will yield better results in the long run.

4.Take rest days: It's important to allow your body time to recover. Rest days are necessary for your muscles to repair and rebuild. Incorporate rest days into your routine to prevent burnout and reduce the risk of injury.

5.Engage in low-impact exercises: In addition to treadmill running, consider including low-impact exercises such as swimming, cycling, or using the elliptical machine. These exercises are easier on the joints and can help improve cardiovascular fitness without excessive strain.

6.Seek professional guidance: Consider working with a personal trainer or fitness professional who can design a tailored program for your specific needs and goals. They can provide guidance, monitor your progress, and offer tips to improve your form and balance.

7.Focus on core strength and balance exercises: Incorporate exercises that target your core muscles and improve balance, such as planks, stability ball exercises, or yoga. Strengthening your core will enhance stability and help prevent balance issues.

8.Use proper form and technique: Pay attention to your posture and form while exercising, especially on the treadmill. Maintain an upright position, engage your core, and use the handrails for support only when necessary. Practice good balance and gradually reduce reliance on the handrails as your confidence and stability improve.

9.Warm up and cool down properly: Prior to intense workouts, warm up your body with dynamic stretches or light cardio. This helps increase blood flow and prepares your muscles for exercise. Afterward, make sure to cool down with a few minutes of light exercise and static stretching to gradually reduce your heart rate and promote recovery.

Remember, building tolerance and improving fitness is a journey that takes time. Be patient with yourself, celebrate small milestones, and focus on making consistent progress. Listen to your body, rest when needed, and gradually increase the intensity as your fitness improves.

Jovana

> Quoted aisgood; Post# 3864

> I (30f) recently started going to the gym. The problem is I am obese (100kg with 178cm height), with the majority of my weight on my hips and bum.
> I try burning 900 kcal on the treadmill. However, I struggle a lot. I have to stop the treadmill multiple times, as I lose my balance if I run at 6 speed tops with 10 inclines. I also can't complete the 20 min cooldown on the stepper after I have run on the treadmill and done the exercises. How can I build resistance fast? Also, how can I stop losing my balance on the treadmill? Any tips?

gcx01

2 hours ago .  4.75

Firstly, I was highly impressed by their customer service. Every interaction went smoothly. The delivery process exceeded my expections. I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly my order arrived - I must applaud their discreet packaging as well. However, the pricing may be a det ...

Tonillo

16 hours ago .  5

Ya he hecho varios pedidos y no tengo ninguna queja.En varias ocasiones me he puesto en contacto con ellos y responden muy rápido.El último pedido llegó muy rápido y todo perfecto

Tbk94

20 hours ago .  5

Perfect communication and very fast shipping!I ordered several times from Deus, the qualitiy and pricing is always the best.