1 year ago #1
House
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 House
House
Contributing Member Posts: 229  Reviews: 0  Threads: 40 

I legitimately dread it every time even though I know it’s beneficial and I want to find enjoyment in it
For those curious the workout is 4 sets of these each and not in this order:
Thursday: Legs

• Hack squat
  • Incline leg press
  • Leg extension
  • Leg press
  • Seated leg curl
  • jump Rope
  • Cardio treadmill
  • Bar squat
  • Deadlift
  • Created

House 1 year ago
  • Last Reply

yourmuscleshop 10 months ago

replies

views

users

1 year ago #2
House
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 House
House
Contributing Member Posts: 229  Reviews: 0  Threads: 40 

Any suggestion that can help me out??

1 year ago #3
aisgood
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 aisgood
aisgood
Contributing Member Posts: 179  Reviews: 0  Threads: 36 

I usually just do squat, leg press, leg curl, extension, standing calf raise machine, and some hip abductors recently. Maybe take out 1 or 2 or 3 of those exercises lol. I dread leg day for sure but in the fun way where its semi enjoyable getting through it and after

Quoted House; Post# 3868

I legitimately dread it every time even though I know it’s beneficial and I want to find enjoyment in it

• Hack squat
  • Incline leg press
  • Leg extension
  • Leg press
  • Seated leg curl
  • jump Rope
  • Cardio treadmill
  • Bar squat
  • Deadlift
1 year ago #4
Ziller33
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 Ziller33
Ziller33
Contributing Member Posts: 331  Reviews: 0  Threads: 86 

That’s a ton of volume on one day. I wonder how your legs would respond if you split the same volume between two days.

1 year ago #5
dan88
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 dan88
dan88
Contributing Member Posts: 212  Reviews: 0  Threads: 45 

Change your mindset and look on things. Whenever u feel that agonizing pain, think "is that all?" You are the hunter not the hunted. You are in control, not the exercise.

Quoted House; Post# 3869

Any suggestion that can help me out??

1 year ago #6
wolf32
Pro Bodybuilder
Threads:
Reviews:
 wolf32
wolf32
Pro Bodybuilder Posts: 48  Reviews: 1  Threads: 3 

You are not training hard. That's volume NOT intensity.

Quoted House; Post# 3868

• Hack squat
  • Incline leg press
  • Leg extension
  • Leg press
  • Seated leg curl
  • jump Rope
  • Cardio treadmill
  • Bar squat
  • Deadlift
11 months ago #7
Ziller33
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 Ziller33
Ziller33
Contributing Member Posts: 331  Reviews: 0  Threads: 86 

Hey, I just wanted to follow up on you, how is your leg day going? If you are just starting leg training take it slow. Do a few weeks of just bodyweight movements for legs. 3 days a week work in various movements such as air squats, lunges (forward and reverse), and Bulgarian split squats. Jump squats, wall sits, broad jumps, box jumps.

10 months ago #8
yourmuscleshop
Super Source Lv. 3
Threads:
Reviews:
 yourmuscleshop
yourmuscleshop
Super Source Lv. 3 Posts: 540  Reviews: 1  Threads: 956 

Hi,

Making leg day more tolerable and finding enjoyment in it can be a challenge, but it's not impossible. Here are some additional tips specifically addressing your leg day workout:

1. Start with exercises you enjoy: Begin your leg day with exercises that you find more enjoyable or that you feel confident doing. This can help you get into the rhythm and build positive momentum for the rest of the workout.
  2. Break it down into smaller segments: Rather than seeing the entire leg day workout as one daunting session, mentally divide it into smaller segments or circuits. Focus on completing one exercise or set at a time, taking short breaks in between. This can make it feel more manageable and less overwhelming.
  3. Mix up the order: If the set order of your leg day workout is contributing to your dread, consider changing the sequence. Experiment with different arrangements that suit your preferences and make the workout feel less monotonous.
  4. Set specific goals: Instead of just going through the motions, set specific goals for each exercise or set. It could be increasing the weight, improving your form, or achieving a certain number of reps. Having tangible targets can provide a sense of purpose and motivation during your leg day workouts.
  5. Incorporate supersets or circuit training: To add variety and keep things interesting, try incorporating supersets or circuit training. Combine two or more exercises together, performing them back-to-back with minimal rest. This approach can increase intensity, save time, and keep your mind engaged.
  6. Find a supportive community: Seek out a supportive fitness community or online groups that focus on leg day workouts. Interacting with others who share similar goals and experiences can provide encouragement, advice, and even new ideas for leg exercises or workout variations.
  7. Celebrate progress and milestones: Acknowledge and celebrate your progress and milestones along the way. Whether it's increasing the weight you lift, improving your endurance, or reaching new personal records, recognizing your achievements can boost your motivation and make leg day more enjoyable.

Remember, finding enjoyment in leg day may take time and experimentation. Stay open-minded, try different approaches, and focus on the positive aspects of your workouts. If you're still struggling to find enjoyment, it's also perfectly fine to explore alternative exercises or activities that work the leg muscles. The most important thing is to stay active and find a routine that you genuinely enjoy and look forward to.

Jovana

> Quoted House; Post# 3868

> I legitimately dread it every time even though I know it’s beneficial and I want to find enjoyment in it
> For those curious the workout is 4 sets of these each and not in this order:
> Thursday: Legs

> * Hack squat
> * Incline leg press
> * Leg extension
> * Leg press
> * Seated leg curl
> * jump Rope
> * Cardio treadmill
> * Bar squat
> * Deadlift

> Quoted House; Post# 3869

> Any suggestion that can help me out??

Alfonso

1 hour ago .  5

Esta tienda convirtió mis compras en una exploración divertida. Su compromiso continuo con la certificación y la educación infunde un elemento de aprendizaje en mi experiencia de acondicionamiento físico, haciendo que cada compra sea parte de mi desarrollo personal.

Każdy zakup dokonany w tym sklepie jest inwestycją w moje zdrowie. Wiem, że każdy produkt został starannie dobrany i okazał się skuteczny. Daje to pewność, że moje szkolenie przynosi maksymalne korzyści.

Jan

2 hours ago .  5

Attente adviseurs kozen de perfecte combinatie van supplementen voor mij.