Just an OG Gearhead

10 months ago #1
PopsJuiced
Threads:
Reviews:
 PopsJuiced
PopsJuiced
Junior Member Posts: 13  Reviews: 0  Threads: 2 

What’s up everyone? Just swinging in to say “Howdy”!!! I’m just another Swayback From away Back. I’ve been around gear and gyms for 30+ years( damn I’m old!lol) I’ve seen gear got from Legal in the early 80’s to can’t buy a ml of test for $1000 to buying on Forums moving it like “Gear eBay”. Been wild ride for sure. And now I’m HERE!! Hope to spend some time here and learn something new if possible and gladly share any info or history I can!

• Created

PopsJuiced 10 months ago
  • Last Reply

aisgood 8 months ago

replies

views

users

10 months ago #2
oli
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 oli
oli
Contributing Member Posts: 358  Reviews: 1  Threads: 18 

Welcome on board mate. Old is gold. Would love to see ya more often.

Quoted PopsJuiced; Post# 4434

What’s up everyone? Just swinging in to say “Howdy”!!! I’m just another Swayback From away Back. I’ve been around gear and gyms for 30+ years( damn I’m old!lol) I’ve seen gear got from Legal in the early 80’s to can’t buy a ml of test for $1000 to buying on Forums moving it like “Gear eBay”. Been wild ride for sure. And now I’m HERE!! Hope to spend some time here and learn something new if possible and gladly share any info or history I can!

10 months ago #3
PopsJuiced
Threads:
Reviews:
 PopsJuiced
PopsJuiced

Hello bro! Pleasure to meet you! Hopefully will be around a bit and get to know some of you here. Just now getting these old bones back into the gym.The last few yrs have been rough.Ive dealt with a few health issues that landed me in the hosp8ital 6 times in the last yr. But I hope thats behind me 🤞🏻 I have a rare condition called “Intractable Hiccups’(Muscle spasms in my throat.At anytime olny between 4-5,000 people in the world will have it.Theres no cure. 600 die from it every year but not from the spasms but exautions.Im lucky to get 3 hrs sleep ia day.August will make 9yrs with it! I just take each day as. It comes.The gear and gh and the will to live are basically rhe only things keeping me alive right now.Its like everything else in life,you just do whatever you can to keep moving forward.

10 months ago #4
admin
Administrator
Threads:
Reviews:
 admin
admin
Administrator Posts: 1002  Reviews: 45  Threads: 87 

I see a very strong man behind those old bones*. You are welcome on sw. It is my first hearing about intractable hiccups and must be v hard. Feel free to hit me up if you need anything.

Quoted PopsJuiced; Post# 4445

Hello bro! Pleasure to meet you! Hopefully will be around a bit and get to know some of you here. Just now getting these old bones back into the gym.The last few yrs have been rough.Ive dealt with a few health issues that landed me in the hosp8ital 6 times in the last yr. But I hope thats behind me 🤞🏻 I have a rare condition called “Intractable Hiccups’(Muscle spasms in my throat.At anytime olny between 4-5,000 people in the world will have it.Theres no cure. 600 die from it every year but not from the spasms but exautions.Im lucky to get 3 hrs sleep ia day.August will make 9yrs with it! I just take each day as. It comes.The gear and gh and the will to live are basically rhe only things keeping me alive right now.Its like everything else in life,you just do whatever you can to keep moving forward.

10 months ago #5
House
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 House
House
Contributing Member Posts: 229  Reviews: 0  Threads: 40 

Welcome brother!!! Hope you have an amazing time here. Feel free to ask any questions or share interesting stories or advice. Would love to hear from you.

10 months ago #6
PopsJuiced
Threads:
Reviews:
 PopsJuiced
PopsJuiced

The Intractable Hiccups are very rare!! Sadly I believe Cedric Mcmillian had them also. I read an article and in it he described having the exact same symptoms as I have. But unfortunately he passed away before knowing what was wrong with him. It took me over 3 yrs before the diagnosed me with it. He had only had it for less than a year. I believe it it caused by pinched nerves in the spine or neck. The best treatment I’ve found is Acupuncture which is said to be 75% effective as opposed to medication which is only 48%. But I can’t afford $90 a visit to an acupuncturist. I take a cocktail of muscle relaxers,Gabapentin and Prilosec.

10 months ago #7
oli
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 oli
oli

He died young during covid. It sucks not being able to afford essential healthcare. US can easily afford free healthcare like Aus.

Quoted PopsJuiced; Post# 4470

The Intractable Hiccups are very rare!! Sadly I believe Cedric Mcmillian had them also. I read an article and in it he described having the exact same symptoms as I have. But unfortunately he passed away before knowing what was wrong with him. It took me over 3 yrs before the diagnosed me with it. He had only had it for less than a year. I believe it it caused by pinched nerves in the spine or neck. The best treatment I’ve found is Acupuncture which is said to be 75% effective as opposed to medication which is only 48%. But I can’t afford $90 a visit to an acupuncturist. I take a cocktail of muscle relaxers,Gabapentin and Prilosec.

10 months ago #8
Soprano
Threads:
Reviews:
 Soprano
Soprano
Junior Member Posts: 9  Reviews: 2  Threads: 0 

Hey Man,
Nice to read posts like that.
Tell us some old gear stories, love to read them.

10 months ago #9
PopsJuiced
Threads:
Reviews:
 PopsJuiced
PopsJuiced

Lol I’ve got plenty!! My initial introduction to gear and bodybuilding was in a gym partly owned by a former Mr.O! His initial are L.H ….A good friend of mines dad,L.H and the police chief son were partners in it when he was training for his first one. I was 18 and so skinny you could see my heart beat thru my chest! Lol He was Awsome and as humble and down to Earth as he is in interviews. Back then before the laws change if you had a business license that said you were a pharmaceutical company you could order as much as you wanted! They sold it right out of the office!! You could get 10 ml vials of Test for $15, 2ml vials of Deca were $10 and the Dbol was coming from Dan Duchaines lab in Mexico! Man those lil blue pills were Awsome!! I would get up in the morning holding back so much fluid I could barely move my fingers! When they changed the laws they came down hard! My friends dad took the fall to keep L.H’s name and the police chiefs sons out of it. He served 7yrs fed for it and LH moved to Atl and went on to make BB history!!

10 months ago #10
oli
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 oli
oli

$15 for 10ml then vs $15 per ml now, wow. You are friends with LH? You've some loyal guys around you mate, don't know many who would take a fall for me ever lol

Quoted PopsJuiced; Post# 4505

Lol I’ve got plenty!! My initial introduction to gear and bodybuilding was in a gym partly owned by a former Mr.O! His initial are L.H ….A good friend of mines dad,L.H and the police chief son were partners in it when he was training for his first one. I was 18 and so skinny you could see my heart beat thru my chest! Lol He was Awsome and as humble and down to Earth as he is in interviews. Back then before the laws change if you had a business license that said you were a pharmaceutical company you could order as much as you wanted! They sold it right out of the office!! You could get 10 ml vials of Test for $15, 2ml vials of Deca were $10 and the Dbol was coming from Dan Duchaines lab in Mexico! Man those lil blue pills were Awsome!! I would get up in the morning holding back so much fluid I could barely move my fingers! When they changed the laws they came down hard! My friends dad took the fall to keep L.H’s name and the police chiefs sons out of it. He served 7yrs fed for it and LH moved to Atl and went on to make BB history!!

10 months ago #11
PopsJuiced
Threads:
Reviews:
 PopsJuiced
PopsJuiced

And this wasn’t bathtub UG gear either! It was all Pharm Grade! Other than what Dan Duchaine was pumping out in Mexico. The rest was from companies like Bayer!! It was kinda the Wild West of juicing back then. Back then a big cycle was 400mg of test ,200mg of Deca maybe 150-200 of Parabolin and 25mg of Dbol and Winstrol before a contest.There aren’t many that would take a hit like that. Plus since it has all just change nobody really knew what the penalties would be. but you’re talking about a Mr.Olympia and a Police Chief son as the 2 you take the fall for. Lol he also has a line of supplements he named “Jungle Gym” vitamins.The one I remember most was one called “Jungle Berries@ lol I swear!! I remember them because a friend of mine and my brothers used them and damn he put on 20lb of muscle FAST!! Lmao we would laugh out asses off looking at how big he got in a month!! And still blows my mind when I see Lee in magazines and online. To think he went from out town to holding the Mr.O record over Arnold! It stung at first when I would read “Lee Haney from Atlanta” when I and others knew better. But now I understand why.

10 months ago #12
oli
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 oli
oli

Not sure if you've seen the article we did on Lee https://steroidwiki.com/articles/bb-news/176-after-winning-eight-straight-olympiads-lee-haney-reveals-his-impending-retirement.html. You are an interesting man, em sure there's plenty more to tell.

Quoted PopsJuiced; Post# 4520

And this wasn’t bathtub UG gear either! It was all Pharm Grade! Other than what Dan Duchaine was pumping out in Mexico. The rest was from companies like Bayer!! It was kinda the Wild West of juicing back then. Back then a big cycle was 400mg of test ,200mg of Deca maybe 150-200 of Parabolin and 25mg of Dbol and Winstrol before a contest.There aren’t many that would take a hit like that. Plus since it has all just change nobody really knew what the penalties would be. but you’re talking about a Mr.Olympia and a Police Chief son as the 2 you take the fall for. Lol he also has a line of supplements he named “Jungle Gym” vitamins.The one I remember most was one called “Jungle Berries@ lol I swear!! I remember them because a friend of mine and my brothers used them and damn he put on 20lb of muscle FAST!! Lmao we would laugh out asses off looking at how big he got in a month!! And still blows my mind when I see Lee in magazines and online. To think he went from out town to holding the Mr.O record over Arnold! It stung at first when I would read “Lee Haney from Atlanta” when I and others knew better. But now I understand why.

10 months ago #13
Greg
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 Greg
Greg
Contributing Member Posts: 177  Reviews: 0  Threads: 22 

Hey Bro,
Welcome to the Steroidwiki platform, I read your scenario, you are a strong man. I couldn't understand why you managed to sleep 3 hours in a day. Is it because of the hiccups? By the way, what is your workout routine? Are you allowed for physicaercise with this condition?

Quoted PopsJuiced; Post# 4445

8 months ago #14
aisgood
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 aisgood
aisgood
Contributing Member Posts: 179  Reviews: 0  Threads: 36 

Hey bro. I welcome you to this community! It looks like you've been on quite the journey in the world of fitness and gear. Looking forward to your insights and discussions!

Jon

2 minutes ago .  5

Dank der Professionalität der Berater war ich in der Lage, die perfekten Ergänzungsmittel für meine sportlichen Ziele auszuwählen.

Sandra

8 minutes ago .  5

Excellent drug, bought here for the first time, very satisfied with the quality, prompt delivery. I liked the large selection of manufacturers. Very glad that there is such a cool online shop for athletes.

Archil

15 minutes ago .  5

One of the few online shops where you can buy all the necessary preparations of sports pharmacology. I order here often: from anabolics, to PKT, to drying and mass collection. All very high quality, not fake.