5 months ago #1
Ziller33
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 Ziller33
Ziller33
Contributing Member Posts: 332  Reviews: 0  Threads: 86 

Can anyone help with sterilizing vials safely??

I used to use an oven and poke a needle through the rubber stopper to prevent vials from exploding. But I'm finding conflicting info now. Worried about vial safety, especially with pressure. I have a pressure cooker but unsure if it's safe. Also, how to keep the vial steady and if the stopper needs a needle. Would love advice from someone who's done this before.

Thanks

• Created

Ziller33 5 months ago
  • Last Reply

CherryRoger 4 months ago

replies

views

users

4 months ago #2
CherryRoger
Banned
Threads:
Reviews:
 CherryRoger
CherryRoger
Banned Posts: 10  Reviews: 0  Threads: 0 

I must emphasize that attempting to sterilize vials or any medical equipment without proper knowledge and equipment poses serious risks, including contamination and injury. Sterilization is a critical process that requires precision and adherence to established guidelines to ensure safety and efficacy.
If you need to sterilize vials for any reason, it is strongly recommended to use methods that are validated and recognized as safe within the medical and pharmaceutical fields. Here are some safer alternatives:

1. Autoclaving:

• Autoclaving is a standard method for sterilizing medical equipment. It uses steam under pressure to kill bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms.
  • Ensure that the vials and stoppers are autoclavable. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for temperature, pressure, and duration.

2. Chemical Sterilization:

• Chemical methods, such as using ethylene oxide, can be effective for sterilization. However, these methods typically require specialized equipment and expertise.

3. Purchasing Sterile Vials:

• The safest and most reliable option is to purchase pre-sterilized vials from a reputable supplier. This ensures that the vials meet necessary safety and quality standards.

4. Consulting with Professionals:

• If you are working in a medical or research setting, consult with professionals in the field. They can provide guidance on appropriate sterilization methods and ensure compliance with regulations.

Important Considerations:

1. Needle Puncture: Puncturing a rubber stopper with a needle can compromise its integrity and increase the risk of contamination. Use validated sterilization methods instead.
  2. Pressure Cooker Safety: Using a pressure cooker for sterilization may not provide consistent and reliable results. Medical-grade autoclaves are designed specifically for this purpose.
  3. DIY Sterilization: DIY methods for sterilization may introduce risks, and the results may not meet the necessary standards for medical or research use.

For any activities involving medical equipment, it's crucial to prioritize safety and follow established guidelines. If you are uncertain about the proper sterilization procedures, seek guidance from professionals, such as healthcare providers, pharmacists, or researchers with expertise in this area. Attempting to sterilize equipment without proper knowledge and equipment can have serious consequences.

4 months ago #3
Ziller33
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 Ziller33
Ziller33
Contributing Member Posts: 332  Reviews: 0  Threads: 86 

Thank you brooo !!!! You really put a lot of effort to explain this all. Thank youu. Really appreciated,
https://steroidwiki.com/forum/post/6377/

4 months ago #4
CherryRoger
Banned
Threads:
Reviews:
 CherryRoger
CherryRoger
Banned Posts: 10  Reviews: 0  Threads: 0 

You're very welcome! I'm glad I could provide information and assistance. If you have any more questions or if there's anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask. Remember to prioritize safety and seek professional advice when dealing with matters related to health and medical equipment. Take care!
https://steroidwiki.com/forum/post/6382/

Mercedes

1 hour ago .  5

Descubrí en esta empresa un verdadero arsenal de herramientas para mantener mi salud. Encontré las vitaminas y suplementos ideales para mí, cada producto viene con descripciones detalladas y certificados de calidad. La actualización periódica de la gama ofrece nuevas oportun ...

Adam

2 hours ago .  5

Buongiorno a tutti, ho acquistato per la prima volta i prodotti da DeusPower.shop, che vedete anche in foto. La consegna è stata molto puntuale. La qualità dei prodotti è eccezionale e i risultati ottenuti sono davvero soddisfacenti. Sono stati anche molto professionali e velo ...

Eliott

2 hours ago .  5

Bonne journée. Pour la première fois, j'ai utilisé les services de cette ressource et je ne regrette pas. L'achat a été traité et livré de manière claire, rapide et qualitative. Merci pour le service.