2 years ago #1
Ziller33
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 Ziller33
Ziller33
Contributing Member Posts: 331  Reviews: 0  Threads: 85 

Would like to Thank Mike Arnold for this article.

I have been saying things along this line for a the last couple years. Many of you guys understand this on PM, but we have some newer folks that havent gotten it yet, this is a great article that helps most understand the importance of maximizing insulin sensitivity.

As a beginning BB’r, one of the first things we are taught is the importance of nutrition in building a stand-out physique. We learn about things like calories, macro ratios, proper food selection, meal frequency, and how to combine all these things into a single cohesive program suitable for the attainment of our goals. For many BB’rs, that’s about as far as it goes. With these principles in place, many assume they’re doing all they can to support muscle growth on the diet front, but are they?

The truth is that we could eat 6 times a day, adhere to a macro ratio ideal for our metabolism, and eat what most would consider to be healthy foods, but this does not guarantee us maximum progress. At the most basic level, our results are determined not only by what we eat, but more importantly, what our muscles are able to absorb. This often ignored concept is directly influenced by numerous factors, two of which are insulin sensitivity and the ability to mobilize and activate Glut-4 transporters. By manipulating these factors in our favor, we can preferentially shuttle the nutrients we consume toward muscle cells and way from adipose tissue. This is what’s known as nutrient repartitioning and is essential for maximizing muscle growth and minimizing fat storage.

Having already explored the different methods available for up-regulating Glut-4 and increasing insulin sensitivity, we are now going to learn how to implement all of these variables into a comprehensive program for maximum effectiveness. What can we expect by doing this? Aside from the primary perks of enhanced growth and reduced fat gain, adhering to the following guidelines will also provide a variety of other benefits which have largely eluded the current generation of BB’rs. Unlike some today, who tend to criticize the current generation while holding up the 90’s stars as the epitome of physical perfection, I tend to think I have a more balanced view—being able to assess both the strong & weak points of each generation. Most certainly, today’s BB’rs are larger than ever (generally speaking), with bodyfat and water levels the lowest they have ever been, yet it is not uncommon to read comments about how the 90’s BB’rs were in better condition.

Keep in mind, it is not just the fan-boys making these statments, but some of the most respected men in the sport. However, one’s opinion on this subject largely depends on their definition of the word “conditioning”. From a technical standpoint, conditioning is determined primarily by two factors; bodyfat percentage and subcutaneous water levels, as it is these, along with muscle mass, which determine body composition. Using this as a reference point, it is difficult, if not impossible, to dispute the superiority of today’s BB’rs in these 2 areas. Never before have so many competitors exhibited such low bodyfat and sub-q water levels. In terms of water retention, this is readily apparent when comparing the two generations in their entirety. While there were certainly stand-out BB’rs back in the day, such as Dorian Yates, who demonstrated fantastic conditioning, the vast majority held comparatively greater amounts of sub-q water, especially on their backsides (hams & glutes), compared to today’s guys.

If you doubt this fact, I challenge you to compare the Top 15 from the 2013 Olympia to the Top 15 from 20 years ago. Look closely at the level of overall conditioning of the entire line-up from top to bottom and both the front AND back and you will quickly notice a near complete lack of dry, s

• Created

Ziller33 2 years ago
  • Last Reply

Ziller33 1 year ago

replies

views

users

2 years ago #2
admin
Administrator
Threads:
Reviews:
 admin
admin
Administrator Posts: 1001  Reviews: 45  Threads: 87 

this is an interesting read, very helpful

1 year ago #3
oli
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 oli
oli
Contributing Member Posts: 352  Reviews: 1  Threads: 18 

The article seems to be incomplete. Can you upload the full version?

Quoted Ziller33; Post# 44

Would like to Thank Mike Arnold for this article.
I have been saying things along this line for a the last couple years. Many of you guys understand this on PM, but we have some newer folks that havent gotten it yet, this is a great article that helps most understand the importance of maximizing insulin sensitivity.

1 year ago #4
Ziller33
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 Ziller33
Ziller33
Contributing Member Posts: 331  Reviews: 0  Threads: 85 

Will try to find the full version and post it.

Quoted oli; Post# 423

The article seems to be incomplete. Can you upload the full version?

gcx01

11 minutes ago .  4.75

Firstly, I was highly impressed by their customer service. Every interaction went smoothly. The delivery process exceeded my expections. I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly my order arrived - I must applaud their discreet packaging as well. However, the pricing may be a det ...

Tonillo

14 hours ago .  5

Ya he hecho varios pedidos y no tengo ninguna queja.En varias ocasiones me he puesto en contacto con ellos y responden muy rápido.El último pedido llegó muy rápido y todo perfecto

Tbk94

17 hours ago .  5

Perfect communication and very fast shipping!I ordered several times from Deus, the qualitiy and pricing is always the best.