Ziller33
Contributing Member
Threads:
Reviews:
 Ziller33
Ziller33
Contributing Member Posts: 332  Reviews: 0  Threads: 86 

Hi everyone,
I'm back in the gym after a whole year off, and I'm finding it confusing to figure out the right diet. I usually eat very strictly and don't focus on taste. Here's what my typical day looks like:

• Breakfast: 2 or 3 eggs with bran flakes
  • Meals at 10 am, 1 pm, and 4 pm: Mostly chicken with around 100 grams of rice and vegetables
  • Supper: Similar to other meals, with meat, starch, and veggies, but a bit more flavorful

I believe this amounts to roughly 1500 calories, however, as an 85 kg man, I believe this is too little for me to adequately gain muscle.
I know I'm receiving adequate protein, but how can I increase my intake of healthy calories to compensate for the deficit? I've previously acquired roughly 2 kg of muscle in 6 months by going in and out of the gym. I'm curious whether modifying my normal gym diet may help with muscle gain.

Any tips on how to improve my nutrition for greater gym outcomes would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

• Created

Ziller33 4 months ago
  • Last Reply

CherryRoger 4 months ago

replies

views

users

4 months ago #2
CherryRoger
Banned
Threads:
Reviews:
 CherryRoger
CherryRoger
Banned Posts: 10  Reviews: 0  Threads: 0 

Welcome back to the gym! It's fantastic that you're committed to optimizing your nutrition for muscle gain. Based on your current eating habits, here are some suggestions to increase your calorie intake for better gym outcomes:

1. Larger Portion Sizes:
    • Gradually increase the portion sizes of your meals. You can add more chicken, rice, and vegetables to each meal to boost overall calorie intake.
  2. Healthy Fats:
    • Incorporate healthy fats into your diet. Include sources like avocados, nuts, seeds, olive oil, and fatty fish. These foods are calorie-dense and provide essential nutrients.
  3. More Protein:
    • While you're already getting adequate protein, consider adding a protein-rich snack between meals or having a protein shake after your workouts. Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, or a protein bar can be good options.
  4. Complex Carbohydrates:
    • Increase your intake of complex carbohydrates. Include foods like sweet potatoes, quinoa, whole grains, and legumes. These carbohydrates provide sustained energy for your workouts.
  5. Healthy Snacks:
    • Include nutrient-dense snacks between meals. Snack on fruits, trail mix, or whole-grain crackers with nut butter. This helps add extra calories throughout the day.
  6. Post-Workout Nutrition:
    • Have a post-workout meal or snack that includes both protein and carbohydrates to support muscle recovery. This can be a protein shake with a banana or a chicken and rice meal.
  7. Diverse Vegetables:
    • While veggies are important for health, consider including a mix of calorie-dense vegetables like sweet potatoes, peas, and corn to increase overall calorie content.
  8. Hydration:
    • Ensure you're staying well-hydrated. While water doesn't add calories, staying hydrated is crucial for overall health and optimal performance during workouts.
  9. Meal Timing:
    • Consider having a pre-bedtime snack that includes protein. Cottage cheese, a small protein shake, or Greek yogurt can be good choices.
  10. Consult a Nutrition Professional:
    • If possible, consult with a registered dietitian or nutritionist. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific needs, dietary preferences, and fitness goals.

Remember to make changes gradually to allow your body to adapt. Monitoring your progress and adjusting your diet accordingly is key. It's also important to listen to your body and make adjustments as needed. If you have any specific dietary restrictions or health concerns, it's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional or a nutrition expert for personalized guidance. Best of luck on your fitness journey!

Edited: 4 months ago by admin

chrispap71

46 minutes ago .  5

Great supplier as always!Communication is excellent and the products are top quality.The delivery is fast as always

Mario.

2 hours ago .  5

El surtido de la tienda impresiona por su diversidad. No sólo proteínas y BCAA, sino también muchos otros productos para diversos fines. Esto me permite elegir y adaptar mi dieta a entrenamientos y objetivos específicos.

Oscar.

2 hours ago .  5

A lo largo de los años de cooperación con esta tienda, sentí que comprar puede ser no solo una rutina, sino una oportunidad de desarrollo. Su compromiso con la certificación y la educación hace que cada compra sea un paso hacia un estilo de vida más informado y consciente.