HCG Use for Bodybuilders – Complete Information 2023
HCG Complete Guide: Dosage, Cycle, Medical Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and Other Related Information
Table of Contents
- HCG for Men
- HCG for Bodybuilding
- Other Medical Uses of hCG
- Working Mechanism of hCG in the Human Body
- Forms of HCG Available in the Market
- Advisable Dosage of hCG
- HCG Cycle
- Modes of Administration
- Before Using hCG:
- Benefits Associated With hCG Injections.
- Side-effects associated with hCG Use
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin – hCG is a naturally occurring hormone in the human body that mimics the effects of Luteinizing Hormone (LH).
Luteinizing Hormone is extremely essential in the synthesis and secretion of testosterone. Testosterone is an essential compound for bodybuilders for a variety of reasons, including its propensity to grow muscle and the many other benefits it offers. As hCG acts like LH, the only difference is that hCG has a longer half-life than LH.
HCG is bought by both men and women for various reasons. It is taken in combination with other fertility medications to increase a woman’s chance of pregnancy, whereas in men and young boys, it helps the production of testosterone and sperm. HCG can also be used to treat conditions like cryptorchidism and testes defects in male children.
Experienced doctors might prescribe hCG to male patients for different reasons. It can be prescribed to men to fix the symptoms related to hypogonadism, such as infertility and low testosterone. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) can assist a male body in increasing testosterone and producing sperm that treat infertility.
Some medical professionals believe that combining testosterone and hCG may help reduce some of the negative effects of testosterone while improving symptoms of testosterone insufficiency that occur after the use of steroids. Research has demonstrated that HCG can increase testosterone levels by as much as 60% in those suffering from hypogonadism. Bodybuilders and athletes who consume steroids can use hCG to prevent or reverse the adverse effects of steroids, such as infertility or gonad shrinkage.
One of the most popular ancillary drugs taken by anabolic-androgenic steroid (AAS) users is hCG injections, which help to both improve muscle and strength during stacking and lessen depressive symptoms after AAS withdrawal. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is a popular peptide in bodybuilding and Testosterone Replacement Therapy -TRT world to handle low testosterone levels. This drug is proven to help treat Hypogonadal symptoms.
For steroid users, hCG was frequently utilized as a supplemental "stacking" agent during AAS cycles to increase testosterone production, improve muscle, strength, and avoid major weight loss and testicular atrophy. This peptide can also aid in minimizing depressive symptoms/withdrawal symptoms which can occur during the termination of the steroid cycle.
HCG has diverse medical applications as some people use it for weight loss, often as a component of the hCG diet. However, the effectiveness of hCG for this aim is not supported by any reliable evidence. It should be noted that due to its safety concerns, it should be prevented as a weight loss drug.
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is a compound that is primarily associated with females. It supports the natural development of eggs and stimulates ovulation in women to treat infertility. During pregnancy, the hCG level increases and is measured through urine and blood tests.
However, hCG has alternative purposes beyond pregnancy support, and it can be given to both men as well as women. By preserving intra-testicular testosterone levels, hCG therapy can aid men who still desire to become parents by preserving sperm production. Not only does it assist with infertility in men, but it can also reduce testicle shrinkage. As discussed above, hCG can be taken during TRT because that may reduce sperm production.
Lastly, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin hCG can also serve young male children to treat certain problems of the testicles, such as undescended testicles. A series of hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) injections are administered to the male child by the medical professional. The testicles are stimulated by hormones to fall into the scrotum.
In this section, you will find out how useful it is to increase testosterone in men. As hCG mimics Luteinizing Hormone, it indirectly stimulates Leydin cells in testicles in men, which results in testosterone generation. The hormone LH also promotes sperm production in seminiferous tubules, organs found in the testicles that lead to increased testis size over time.
Forms of HCG Available in the Market
The major forms of hCG available in the market are listed below:
Few brands sell hCG in powder form with a separate liquid. It must be mixed properly to be filled in a syringe and then administered. Other brands offer it in single-dose prefilled syringes. It is significant to note that compared to alternative drug administration methods available on the market, injectable medication offers a more reliable result. Supplements or drops containing HCG are NOT a good substitute.
Different dosage protocols vary from person to person according to their specific needs. Dosage pattern depends upon external factors such as the person’s age, other drugs they are consuming and their health history.
- For Testosterone Replacement Therapy – TRT, 2000 – 3000 IU per week is prescribed. 2000 IU per week may be the best choice if you are using testosterone as a TRT and just wish to prevent infertility.
- For bodybuilders and athletes who are terminating the steroid cycle, 5000 – 10 000 IU per week hCG injections are prescribed. However, this range is a high dose of hCG, most steroid users will get normal with 5000 – 6000 IU.
Must consult a professional doctor about the use of this medication in children. While this drug may be administered for children as young as a few months old for specific conditions, some precautions must be taken.
Note: In case you forgot or skip a dose, take it as soon as possible, or else skip the missed dose and continue with your schedule.
Do not take the dose twice.
To enhance the effects of an hCG cycle, it can be staked with other compounds or hormones listed below:
Bodybuilders and athletes more often use these due to the possible side effects the other compounds bring.
There can be other medicines that may interact with hCG. It is very important that you discuss all the prescription and over-the-counter drugs you use with your healthcare provider before starting hCG. These drugs can be multivitamins, herbal products, minerals, and other medicines your doctor prescribes.
Note: Never start using a new medication without telling your doctor.
HCG injections are administered to male subjects having conditions such as hypogonadism, testosterone deficiency, and sexual dysfunction. Moreover, it is recommended for people suffering from steroid after-effects.
It also helps in improved athletic performance as hCG increases testosterone levels, which leads to enhanced energy levels. HCG users will surely experience better endurance and performance during workouts as a benefit of HCG injections.
This medication is injected subcutaneously into the fat tissue in the lower stomach or the fat pad of the outer glute. If you do not fully understand how to administer the injection and correctly discard used needles and syringes, do not self-inject this medication. Talk to your healthcare provider to know which way is right for you. You will be taught how to prepare and give this medication.
Hcg tablets are also available for female users to treat infertility.
It is important to keep in mind that one should use it as directed on the prescription label at the same time every day. Keep taking it unless your doctor instructs you to stop.
You should not use this medication if you have ever had an allergic reaction to hCG or if you have the following symptoms or conditions mentioned below:
- Precocious puberty (Early puberty)
- Prostate cancer
- Breast cancer
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterus tumour
- Adrenal dysfunction / Uncontrolled thyroid
- Hypothalamus cancer
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- During pregnancy
Before initiating hCG injections, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs or if you have heart disease, kidney disease, migraine, asthma, epilepsy, or adrenal gland disorder. Your healthcare provider will then adjust the dose of hCG accordingly, or you might have to run some blood tests to use hCG safely.
The list of advantages provided by hCG injections to men and women are listed below:
- Improved fertility for men as more testosterone level leads to increased sperm production.
- Improved fertility for women as the quality of egg gets better and natural ovulation can occur that leads to increased chances of pregnancy.
- Users of anabolic steroids, including testosterone replacement TRT, may experience a decrease in testicle size over time; hence, hCG can restore the volume of the testicles.
- It helps in increased libido in both men and women.
- Weight loss from HCG tends to occur quickly and primarily from problem areas such as the stomach.
- HCH can assist in enhanced athletic performance and provide the benefits of increasing energy levels. You will feel better endurance and performance during workouts as an advantage of HCG injections.
Even though HCG has a stellar reputation for raising testosterone levels, you should be aware of its adverse effects as well. Ask for help from your healthcare provider if these symptoms get worse. These side effects are listed below.
- Breast enlargement
- Allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives.
- Swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- Swelling of the hands or legs
- Breathing problems
- Enlargement of penis and testes
- Pelvic pain or bloating
- The usual increase in height
- Unexpected weight gain
- Disturbed urination
Some common side-effects from the use of hCG that usually do not require medical assistance are (report to your doctor or health care professional if these side-effects continue or become bothersome):
- Facial hair growth
- Mood swings
- Pain, irritation, or inflammation at the injection site
- Frequent urination
- Weight gain
- Upset stomach!
People taking hCG have very infrequently experienced blood clots. Drug allergies can cause moderate skin rashes and severe anaphylactic reactions; however, they are also uncommon.
Sometimes, hCG can result in a higher risk for blood clots. Report this symptom to a professional healthcare provider once you have any of these signs of a blood clot: pain, warmth, redness, numbness, or tingling in your arm or leg; confusion, extreme dizziness, or severe headache.
In some females, it was observed that the use of hCG has developed a condition called ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), especially after the first treatment cycle. This condition can be very risky and even a life-threatening condition. Must report to your doctor immediately if you have any symptoms of OHSS: severe pelvic pain, swelling of the hands or legs, stomach pain, and swelling, shortness of breath, weight gain, diarrhoea, nausea, or vomiting, or if you are urinating less than normal.
In young boys, HCG can result in early puberty. If a boy taking this medication begins to exhibit early signs of puberty, such as a deepening voice, pubic hair growth, increased acne, or excessive sweating, call your healthcare provider right away.
Using HCG can enhance the possibility of having multiple pregnancies (twins, triplets, quadruplets, etc.). A multiple pregnancy can be a high-risk pregnancy for both the mother and the fetus. Follow your doctor's instructions about any special care you need during pregnancy.
- Written by Daniel Louwrens BSc PT (2023) HCG for bodybuilding - dosage, cycle, side effects, Muscle and Brawn. Available at: https://muscleandbrawn.com/bodybuilding/hcg-for-bodybuilding/ (Accessed: 08 November 2023).
- Miller, O.F., Stock, J.A., Cilento, B.G., McALEER, I.M. and Kaplan, G.W., 2003. Prospective evaluation of human chorionic gonadotropin in the differentiation of undescended testes from retractile testes. The Journal of urology, 169(6), pp.2328-2331.
- DerSarkisian, C. MD, (2022), HCG for Weight Loss, https://www.webmd.com/diet/hcg-and-weight-loss, Accessed 11 Nov 2023
- HCG for men on Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) - full potential HRT clinic (2023) Full Potential HRT Clinic -. Available at: https://www.fullpotentialmen.com/hcg-for-men-on-testosterone-replacement-therapy/ (Accessed: 08 November 2023).
- Human chorionic gonadotropin uses benefits & dosage - drugs.com herbal database (no date) Drugs.com. Available at: https://www.drugs.com/npp/human-chorionic-gonadotropin.html#:~:text=hCG%20is%20a%20one%20of,depressive%20symptoms%20upon%20AAS%20withdrawal. (Accessed: 08 November 2023).
- Admin (2022) Understanding human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), Victory Men’s Health. Available at: https://www.victorymenshealth.com/understanding-human-chorionic-gonadotropin/ (Accessed: 08 November 2023).
- Pastore, G. (2021) 6 benefits of HCG injections for men, Vitality Aesthetic and Regenerative Medicine. Available at: https://varmedicine.com/6-benefits-of-hcg-injections-for-men/ (Accessed: 08 November 2023).
Disclaimer: SteroidWiki doesn’t promote unlawful usage of any chemical compound. The knowledge presented in this article and on the website is purely for educational purposes. If you intend to use the information provided in this article for any purpose, please make sure to check & comply with the laws of your country or area.